I’ve been pretty distracted knitting hats and various other smaller things lately that my sock yarn blanket has sort of hibernated. In the living room it waited, judging me for not working on it, but finally I have resumed working on it. I’m enjoying it, too. It continues to be a very satisfying, enjoyable project to work on. It ticks off almost all of my “fun knitting” boxes:
- fairly straightforward knitting that doesn’t require a ton of concentration
- not TOTALLY mindless, takes a bit of focus to do the center decreases to make the mitered squares
- doesn’t need a lot of constant stitch counting or stitch markers
- frequent feelings of having finished something (I feel good after I finish each block)
- I get to use lots of fun colours/yarn, and get to choose a new colour/yarn every 20 minutes or so
- I can see my progress
I would LOVE to finish this blanket this year, and it would take so little to make that happen. Right now I’m at 264 blocks. If I knit just one block a day I would hit 400 blocks on June 24th. If I want to get to 500 blocks that would be done October 2nd! I can definitely manage 20 minutes a day to work on this, or alternatively (and more likely) I can sit down and knit a few a couple days a week. Suddenly this all seems so much more doable, eh? So I think that is my new plan. Knit at least 7 blocks per week.