I started knitting in March of 2014 and in less than a year I feel like I accomplished a lot. There was never any sort of set plan when I decided to take up knitting, it was just for fun and to get comfortable in the art of knitting. Mission accomplished I’d say!
This year, though, is different. There are some specific things I’d like to accomplish in my knitting before this year is out, and I thought that keeping a record here of what they are and maybe crossing them off as I accomplished them would be useful. I may also add additional things to the list as the year goes on.
2015 Knitting Goals
1. Knit a sweater
Dye my own yarn and use it for… something. Anything. Bonus points if the yarn ends up being colour gradient yarn. (Success!!)
3. Try my hand at spinning my own yarn using a drop spindle.
4. Knee-high socks for myself. Bonus points if they are stranded. Extra super big gold star sticker if they are Harry Potter related.
5. Attempt Illusion Knitting
6. Create at least 5 more patterns to make available to the public. (1)
7. Try steeking for the first time. It seriously strikes the fear of god in me, but I suspect I need not be so terrified.
8. Keep up with this blog. Maybe that isn’t a knitting goal exactly, but it is related to knitting, and I really do hope I succeed.
Running list of other cool things I did/learned in 2015
1. Attempted Felting (DONE!)